GAMA is committed to having an entertaining ONAM celebration for our community every year in Austin. GAMA will try our best to accommodate as many requests as possible from community for the stage programs participation, to showcase your amazing and unique talent on the big stage. In order to manage it smoothly, GAMA board has come up with the below guidelines based on our past experience in handling the overwhelming responses. We appreciate your understanding and support in implementing these rules to have a smooth execution of Onam 2017!
- Registrations will open on Saturday, July 1st 2017 (8AM CDT) and will close on Friday, July 14th 2017 (8PM CDT) . Should there be overwhelming registrations, GAMA will close the registration early, providing 24 hours notice. We request that you register the program(s) at the earliest.
- Each program request will be evaluated based on the content, theme, number of participants, duration and the quality of the item. Themes related to Onam and authentic Kerala art forms will have preference over the others.
- Only group performances will be allowed.
- Minimum of 4 participants will be required per group dance.
- Minimum age for participant should be 5 years (as of August 1st, 2017).
- The below guidelines must be followed for the maximum allowed time for the programs in various categories:
- Group Song: 5 minutes
- Group Dance: 6 minutes
- Skit: 10 minutes
- If you wish to perform an item not listed in the category above, please contact the GAMA Program Team via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. GAMA Program Team reserves the right to select such program(s) based on the uniqueness of the program.
- Participants are required to submit a detailed description about the program as part of the registration process.
- Once the registration is submitted, GAMA Program Team will send an acknowledgement to the registrant. This acknowledgement does not guarantee the selection of the program.
- If your program is shortlisted, GAMA Program Team will contact you via e-mail with further steps in the registration process. At this time, GAMA Program Team may request additional information (videos/other details) if necessary. Shortlisting doesn't guarantee the selection of the program.
- After necessary verifications, GAMA Program Team will send a separate e-mail confirmation to the program registrant to inform if their program has been selected or not. This selection is conditional pending receipt of final audio file and deposit cheque (see #12 and #13 below).
- For the selected programs, GAMA will communicate audio file deadline date to the program registrant. No change of MP3 audio or song will be entertained after the deadline. Program committee has the right to request video clips of your program, if necessary for further evaluation. Please provide good quality audio tracks, GAMA will not be responsible for any sound quality issues.
- For the selected programs, GAMA will collect a confirmation deposit of $100/- for each program, payable through check to “Greater Austin Malayalee Association”. Failure to report on time or last minute cancellations will result in forfeit of the deposit and will be considered as a donation to GAMA. The checks will be disposed of safely after the event to avoid deciphering of any personal sensitive information.
- Number of programs allowed for a participant per category is one.
- Maximum number of programs (excluding Prayer/National Anthem) for a participant will be two, in order to give a fair chance for everyone.
- In order to be impartial, the program scheduling will be done at the discretion of the GAMA Program Team. Requests for specific slots or changes to the assigned slots will not be entertained.
- The name of choreographer given at the time of confirmation cannot be changed later.
- Venue specific safety measures will have to be followed by everyone.
- “Emcees” for Onam 2017 program will not be able to participate in any event.
- It is illegal to stream, broadcast or publish GAMA related content/materials on TV channels/Internet/any other media for profit without the written consent from GAMA board.
- Decision of GAMA Onam Program Team is final.
Looking forward to work with you all to make GAMA ONAM 2017 a grand success!
For any questions or concerns please email to email@example.com