GAMA – Christmas 2017 – PROGRAM RULES
GAMA is committed to having an entertaining Christmas celebration for our community every year in Austin. GAMA will try our best to accommodate as many requests as possible from the community for participating in stage programs to showcase your amazing and unique talent on the big stage. In order to manage it smoothly, GAMA board has come up with the guidelines below, based on our past experience in handling your requests. We appreciate your understanding and support in implementing these rules to have a smooth execution of Christmas 2017!
- Registration will open on Saturday, October 14th, 2017 (8 AM CDT) and will close on Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 (8 PM CDT). Should there be a large number of entries, GAMA will close the registration early, providing 24 hours notice. We request that you register for the program(s) at the earliest.
- Each program request will be evaluated based on content, theme, number of participants, duration and the quality of the item.
- Only group performances will be allowed.
- Minimum of 4 participants will be required per group dance.
- The minimum age for participants will be 5 years (as of November 1st, 2017).
- The below guidelines must be followed for the maximum allowed time for the programs in various categories:
• Group Dance: 6 minutes
• Group Song: 5 minutes
• Skit: 10 minutes
- If you wish to perform an item not listed in the category above, please contact the GAMA Program Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. GAMA Program Team reserves the right to select such program(s) based on the uniqueness of the program.
- Participants are required to submit a detailed description about the program as part of the registration process.
- Once the registration is submitted, GAMA Program Team will send an acknowledgement to the registrant. This acknowledgement does not guarantee the selection of the program.
- If your program is shortlisted, GAMA Program Team will contact you via email with further steps in the registration process. At this time, GAMA Program Team may request additional information (audio/video/other details) if necessary. Shortlisting doesn’t guarantee the selection of the program.
- After necessary verifications, GAMA Program Team will send a separate email confirmation to the program registrant to inform if their program has been selected or not. This selection is conditional pending receipt of the final audio/video/other files.
- For selected programs, GAMA will communicate the deadline for audio file submission to the program registrant. No change of MP3 audio or song will be entertained after the deadline. The program committee has the right to request video clips of your program, if necessary for further evaluation. Please provide good quality audio tracks, as GAMA will not be responsible for any sound quality issues.
- The number of programs allowed for a participant per category is one.
- The maximum number of programs (excluding Prayer/National Anthem/Nativity) for a participant will be two, in order to give a fair chance for everyone.
- In order to be impartial, the program schedule will be done at the discretion of the GAMA Program Team. Requests for specific slots or changes to the assigned slots will not be entertained.
- The name of choreographer given at the time of confirmation cannot be changed later.
- Venue-specific safety measures will have to be followed by everyone.
- Participants will be responsible for ensuring that they do not cause any loss or damages to goods or properties or parts of the venue. Participants will be fully liable for any injuries caused to themselves or the accompanying people, any loss, and damages to goods or properties or parts of the venue caused by the participants or accompanying people.
- Emcees for Christmas 2017 program will not be able to participate in any event.
- It is illegal to stream, broadcast or publish GAMA related content/materials on TV channels/Internet/any other media for profit without the written consent from GAMA board.
- Decision of GAMA Christmas Program Team is final.
Looking forward to work with you to make GAMA Christmas 2017 a grand success!
For any questions or concerns please email to email@example.com